Join us for some great food (meat & veggie options available!) and drinks at Great Bear Pub in Burnaby to help us raise funds for wildlife preservation! Lots more happening too including live music, a wildlife display, door prizes, 50-50 raffle, a wildlife trivia game, and a silent auction! When else can you eat burgers and drink beer to support a great cause??!
Tickets are $25 with all profits going to a great cause! Get your tickets today at https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/northwest-wildlife-preservation-society/events/burgers-for-bears/
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Buy a ticket to dine out with us this evening between 6-9pm to support our charity. The Great Bear Pub is generously donating a portion of this night’s ticket sales to us so your purchase supports wildlife conservation in BC! It is recommended that you purchase your tickets in advance as there is a max capacity for our event.
Tickets entitle the guest to one burger with fries or house salad, plus a sleeve of local craft beer, a glass of the house red or white wine, juice, pop, coffee OR tea. All of the burgers (either hand-crafted beef, seasoned chicken or garden veggie) comes dressed with pesto mayo, lettuce, tomato and onion on an organic bun.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
This is a licensed pub so only people aged 19+ will be permitted. ID will be checked at the door.
WHAT ELSE IS HAPPENING?
LIVE MUSIC! The very talented singer/songwriter Earl Jenkins will be playing some sweet tunes! Check out his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/earljenkinsmusic/, or listen to his music here: http://www.jango.com/music/Earl+Jenkins?l=0
WILDLIFE DISPLAY! Get up close and personal with BC wildlife species. Touch and feel bear skulls, turtle shells, caribou antlers and more!
GIFTS + RAFFLE! To thank you for choosing to dine out in support of us, all of our guests will receive a LUSH bath bomb and entered into a draw to win a fabulous door prize: an organic farm box from SPUD.ca!
SILENT AUCTION! Get some Christmas shopping done early or just treat yourself with some great deals on awesome items!
Unable to attend or want to get a jump on the auction? Online bidding will commence via our auction facebook album on November 5th at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2079489592081697&type=1&l=4474ce6b2b and include BUY IT NOW prices if you want to snap it up right away! The auction will continue with all remaining items from 6-8:30pm during the event on Dec 4 with the winner being announced shortly thereafter.
Items will be added as they come in. Currently we have:
– 2 spots in an Intro to Scuba course with Vancouver Diving Locker
– 1 pair of Trail Crampon Ultra + 1 pair of Armadillo LT gaiters (unisex, any size) from Hillsound Equipment
– $50 gift card to any of the Meet restaurants (Meet On Main, MeeT in Yaletown and Meet in Gastown)
– two ski/snowboard lift tickets at Grouse Mountain Resort
– 2 tickets to Program 2 or Program 3 at Ballet BC
– a men’s or women’s top of your choice + hat and mug from local Vancouver eco-fashion designer TamarKate (see https://www.tamarkate.com/teebar)
– gift basket of natural, organic, eco-friendly skincare products from Glowing Orchid Organics
– 4 general admission tickets to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
– $100 gift certificate to tentree – environmentally-progressive clothing company selling only the most eco-friendly products and planting 10 trees for every item purchased
– $50 gift certificate to Osteria Savio Volpe – an East Van restaurant styled after the classic osteria–rustic fare in the Italian tradition of freshness and regionality, using groceries gathered in the nearby lakes, oceans, farms and fields.
– vitamin tea from Kailo Tea
50-50 DRAW! Buy a ticket for a chance to walk away with a big wad of cash!
TRIVIA! We’re going to hold a wildlife trivia game from 7:30-8pm. Show off your knowledge about animals and win a great prize!
All of the money raised from this evening will go towards supporting wildlife preservation in British Columbia. Since 1987, we have taught over 200,000 students in BC and beyond about the importance of wildlife preservation through the programs we provide. We also do a lot of stewardship work like tree planting, invasive species removals and shoreline cleanups. Every dollar donated goes towards making activities like these happen. Learn more at http://northwestwildlife.com/