- This event has passed.
Stepping Into Nature Festival
October 3, 2017 - October 6, 2017$10
Inspired by Richard Louv’s famous book, The Last Child in the Woods, the festival reminds students to shut off technology and reconnect with nature in a meaningful way. It has since been adapted to include the latest developments in environmental education – transformative pedagogies and environmental inquiry – to build on children’s natural curiosity of the world.
The festival features 8 activity stations within the Delta Nature Reserve and along Lower Cougar Creek with interactive and hands-on activities linking core curriculum competencies to outdoor education.
– Peatlands and wetlands – Species Adaptations and Biodiversity
– Ecological Restoration – Ecosystems and Interactions
– Indigenous worldviews – Human Impact
– Species at risk & habitat loss – Ecological Services
Themes are aligned with current grade 6/7 BC Science and Social Studies Core Competencies.
* Transportation to and from the Stepping into Nature Festival is not included in the price listed above. The Burns Bog Conservation Society may be able to cover a portion of SCHOOL BUS charter costs for schools that demonstrate financial need.