Animals in Distress

Did you find an injured or distressed wild animal?

Northwest Wildlife Preservation Society does not rescue or rehabilitate animals but there are lots of great organizations that do. Please contact the following:



Wildlife Rescue Association (WRA)
For animals found in the Lower Mainland, call the hotline at (604) 526-7275.
Learn more about what to do at

Orphaned Wildlife Rehab (OWL )
For raptors found in the Lower Mainland, call (604) 946-3171.
Learn more at

Critter Care Wildlife Society

For mammals found in the Lower Mainland, call (604) 530-2064.
Learn more at

Vancouver Aquarium Marine Mammal Rescue
For marine mammals found in the Lower Mainland call (604) 258-SEAL (7325)
Learn more at



North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre
For wildlife found in the northern part of Vancouver Island, call (250) 248-8534
Learn more at

Wild Animal Rehabilitation Centre (WildARC)
For  injured or distressed wildlife found on southern Vancouver Island, call (250) 478-WILD (9453)
Learn more at

Cruelty & Wildlife Reporting Hotline (toll free): 1-855-622-7722